Did You Know? Oak Ridges has 32 heritage properties. Which ones are in your neighbourhood?

The City of Richmond Hill has an Inventory of Cultural Heritage Resources that provides key information on Richmond Hill’s designated and listed properties that are of cultural heritage significance or interest.



View the complete Heritage Inventory here



Click the map to view the heritage properties located in ward 1 Oak Ridges.



Below are some of the heritage properties located in Oak Ridges





12481 Bathurst Street

Nelson Thomson House Listed

Frame; aluminum siding; 2 storeys; c1929; Foursquare; hip roof with hip-roofed front dormer; shed-roofed enclosed veranda. Brick; red 2 storeys; Her Majesty the Queen as Represented by the Minster. Formerly known as 12451 Bathurst Street.

1229 Bethesda Road

Shadowmere Listed

Frame; stone; 2 storeys; c1935; long rectangular plan; large hip roof with deep overhangs; narrow flat headed windows and wider three panel windows; windows on the ground floor feature heavy stone lintels. Example of the Tudor Revival style.


1393 Bethesda Road

Jacob Sheffer House Listed

Frame; aluminum siding; 1 ½ storeys; c1840; gable roof with return eaves; Jacob Sheffer. Frame 1 storey rear addition; frame 1 storey garage side addition.



33 Betony Drive

Jane Carscadden House DES

Frame; brick veneer, patterned red/buff, painted on front, stuccoed on sides and rear; 1 ½ storeys; c1875; T-shaped; Classic Ontario with Gothic window, bargeboards and kingpost in centre gable; transomed entry; segmental windows; frame 1 storey rear wing; Jane Carscadden. Burned April 1st, 2008. Relocated from 12933 Bathurst Street

37 Chao Crescent

James Carscadden House DES

Brick; red, stuccoed; 1 ½ storeys; c1845; 3-bay; Georgian; gable roof with return eaves; 6/6 windows; Classical doorcase with 6-panel door; transom with diamond motif in glazing; James Corscadden; James W. Legge, 1893; fire damage, 2008. Relocated from 685 King Road in 2014.

40 Bond Crescent Listed

Brick; red (upper storey lighter in colour); 2 storeys; c1880; 3-bay; gable roof. Originally faced King Rd; shed-roofed side verandah; frame 1 storey rear addition.




630 King Road

John Love House DES

Timber frame/vertical plank; stucco; 1 ½ storeys; c1830; 3-bay; Georgian; gable roof with return eaves; entry with early 6-panel door and 3-light rectangular transom; small casement windows in gable ends; rear 9/6 window; Love family of Love’s Corners. 1 storey rear addition. Formerly known as 158 King Road.

734 King Road

Temperanceville (United) Church & Cemetery Listed

Brick; dark red; 1897(v); rectangular plan; Gothic Revival; steep gable roof with circular vent in front gable; buttresses; lancet windows; central double door with Gothic transom; Temperanceville Methodist Church. Cemetery from c1835



13076 Leslie Street

George Sproxton House & Toronto Muslim Cemetery Listed

Brick; patterned red/buff; 1 ½ storeys; c1855; 3-bay; Georgian; transomed entry with diamond motif glazing; 6/6 windows; shedroofed porch; brick 1 storey side wing; possibly George Sproxton. The building is situated on the site of the Toronto Muslim Cemetery, the first Muslim cemetery in the Greater Toronto Area.

3265 Leslie Street

Christopher Smith House Listed

Brick; patterned red/buff, Flemish bond on front; 1 ½ storeys; c1860; T shaped; Classic Ontario; transomed entry with sidelights filled in with brick; possibly Christopher Smith. Front gable not original.



16 Macleod Estate Court

Drynoch: Capt. Donald Martin Macleod DES

Brick; red; 1 ½ storeys; c1845; shallow U-shaped, front facing; Classical Revival; gable roof with return eaves; entry with sidelights with Regency glazing; 6/6 windows; hood moulds over upper windows; Drynoch; Capt Donald Martin Macleod; architect possibly John Edey of Thornhill. Brick addition to east side, c1915; frame addition to west side by B. Napier Simpson, c1970

53 St. Laurent Drive Listed

Frame; aluminum siding; 1 ½ storeys; c1915; hip roof; enclosed hip-roofed porch.